CDW ONLY COVERS DAMAGE TO OUR VEHICLE; RENTER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OTHER DAMAGES.
CWD IS VOIDED IF: You provide any false information.
You are responsible for any parking tickets and/or citations. If you fail to pay your ticket(s), any unpaid tickets and penalties, plus a $50.00 fee per citation, will be charged to your credit card.
Rental Agreement Terms and Condition
''Agreement" means all term and conditions found in this policy statement, any addendums, and any additional materials we provide at the time of rental.
"You" and "your" means the person identified as the renter in this rental contract, any person signing this agreement, any Authorized driver and any person or organization to whom charges are billed by us, its, or the renter's direction. All persons referred to as "you" and "your" are jointly and severally bound by this rental contract. "We," "Our,” or "Us," means the Alaska RV Rentals named in this rental contract.
“Authorized Driver" means you and any additional driver approved and listed by us in this rental contract agreement. The Authorized Driver(s) defined in this rental contract agrees to abide by the Rental Law of State of Alaska, and has provided Us with a valid driver's license.
"Vehicle" means the vehicle that is listed in this rental contract in this Agreement and any substitute, and all its tires, tools, accessories, equipment, keys, and vehicle documents.
"CDW" mean Collision Damage Waiver.
"Physical Damage" means damage to, or loss of, the Vehicle caused by collision or upset; it includes damage to, or loss of the vehicle due to theft, vandalism, riot or civil disturbance, hail, flood, or fire. Physical Damage also includes damages to vehicle’s interior or exterior, damages to vehicles’s upholstery such as burn holds in the interior, scratches on dash or any damages that affect the vehicles cosmetic and mechanical condition.
“Loss of Use” means the amount calculated by multiplying the number of days from the date of the damage until it is repaired times the daily rental rate. For instance, if the vehicle was damaged on May 1st and the repair facility repaired it by May 10th (it took the repair facility 10 days to repair it), thus equalling 10 days multiplied by your daily rental rate.
2. Rental Indemnity and Warranties. This Rental Agreement is a contract for the rental of the Vehicle. We may repossess the Vehicle at your expense without notice to you, if the Vehicle is abandoned or used in violation of the Law or this rental agreement. You agree to indemnify us, defend us and hold us harmless from all claims, liability, costs and attorney fees we may incur resulting from, or arising out of, this rental agreement of your use of the vehicle.
We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the vehicle. No warranty of merchantability and no warranty that the vehicle is fit for a particular purpose.
3. Condition and Return of Vehicle. You must return the Vehicle to our rental office or other location we specify, on the date and time specified in this rental contract, and in the same condition that you received it, except for ordinary wear. Service to the vehicle or replacement of parts or accessories during the rental vehicle must have our prior approval. It is your sole responsibility, as a renter, to check and maintain all fluid levels while the vehicle is rented to you.
4. Responsibility for Damage or Loss; Reporting to Police. You are responsible for all damages to, or loss of, the Vehicle, loss of use of the Vehicle while it is bring repaired, diminution of the Vehicle's value caused by damages or repairs, missing equipment, and a reasonable charge ($50/hour) to cover our administrative expenses connected with any damage claims, regardless of whether or not you are at fault. You must report all accidents or incidents of theft and vandalism to the police as soon as you discover them. You must report all accidents involving the Vehicle to us within 12 hours of occurrence.
5. Damage Waiver. If you elect to purchase CDW, and if CDW is not voided, we waive our right to collect from you for a portion of Physical Damage to the Vehicle less the deductible. You must pay for CDW before you drive the vehicle in order for CDW to be effective. CDW is not insurance. CDW is void if a) the Vehicle is used: (i) by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver, or by anyone whose Driver’s License is suspended in any jurisdiction; (ii) by anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (iii) by anyone who obtained the Vehicle or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent or misleading information; (iv) in furtherance of any illegal purpose or under any circumstance that would constitute a violation of law; (v) to carry person or property for hire; (vi) to push or tow anything; (vii) in any race, speed test or contest; (viii) to teach anyone to drive; (ix) to carry dangerous or hazardous items or illegal material; (x) outside the United States; (xi) when loaded beyond its capacity; (xii) DRIVING ON UNPAVED ROADS OR ON THE ALASKA FERRY SYSTEM (unless written permission has been given by the rental agency), including: DENALI, EDGERTON, DALTON, TAYLOR, and CANADIAN roads and highways; (xiii) to transport more persons than the Vehicle has seat belt, or to carry persons outside the passenger compartment; (xiv) to transport children without approved child safety seats as required by law; (xv) when the odometer has been tempered with or disconnected; (xvi) when driving through or under an underpass or other structure without sufficient overhead or side clearance; (xvii) when the vehicle's fluid levels are low, or it is otherwise reasonable to expect you to know that further operation would damage the vehicle; (xviii) in a manner that causes damage to the vehicle due to inadequately secured cargo; (xix) where applicable, by anyone who lacks experience operating a manual transmission; or (b) you commit a willful wanton or reckless act with the Vehicle, including giving the Vehicle to someone other than the authorized driver, or by failing to summon the police to any accident involving personal injury or property damage; (c) damage to the Vehicle is caused intentionally or by your wanton, willful or reckless conduct or misconduct; or (d) damage is caused by any animal transported in the Vehicle.
6. Insurance. You are responsible for all damage or loss you cause to others. You agree to provide auto liability insurance and comprehensive insurance covering you, us and the Vehicle. If you have auto liability insurance, we provide no liability insurance.Customer agrees to maintain insurance during the term of this rental agreement, providing the owner, the renter, and any other person using or operating the rental vehicle with the following primary coverage: a. Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage; b. Personal injury protection, no-fault, or similar coverage where required; c. uninsured/underinsured coverage where required, and d. Comprehensive and collision damage coverage extending to the rental vehicle. Customer’s insurance will provide at least the minimum limits of coverage required by the financial responsibility laws of the State of Alaska where the loss occurs. Because the customer is providing automobile insurance, we are not. In states where the law requires us to provide insurance we will provide excess insurance only, up to the minimum limits required by the financial responsibility laws. The customer’s insurance will be primary. Any insurance we are required to provide applies to claims of bodily injury and property damage only and is secondary to any other valid and collectable insurance whether it is primary, secondary, excess, or contingent. Our policy contains exclusions, conditions, and limitations applicable to anyone claiming coverage. Customer agrees to cooperate with our insurer if any claim is made. Our insurance applies only in the United States. Where permitted by law, customer rejects uninsured, underinsured, supplemental, personal injury protection, and no-fault coverage. Where we are required to provide such coverage, renter is afforded the minimum limits required by law under State of Alaska. Any breach of this agreement will void any insurance coverage.
7. Charges. You agree to pay us on demand for all charges due to us under this rental contract, including, but not limited to: (a) time and mileage for the period during which you keep the vehicle, or a mileage charges based on our experience if the odometer seal is tempered with or disconnected; (b) charges for additional drivers; (c) charges for optional services you elected to purchase; (d) gasoline, if you return the vehicle with less gasoline than rented; (e) applicable sales, use and other taxes; (f) loss of, or damage to, the vehicle, which includes cost of repair or the retail value of the vehicle based on evaluation methods accepted by the auto insurance industry on the date of loss if the vehicle is not repairable, plus loss of use, diminution of the vehicle’s value caused by the damage to it or repair of it and our administrative expenses incurred processing the claim (g) all fines, penalties, forfeiture, court costs, towing charges, and other expenses, involving the vehicle assessed against us or the vehicle; (h) all expense we incur in locating and recovering the vehicle if you fail to return it or if we elect to repossess the vehicle under the terms of the agreement; (i) all costs, including pre and post judgment attorney fees we incur collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our right under this agreement; (j) a 10% per month late payment fee, or the maximum amount allowed by law if lower than 10% on all amounts past due; (k) a minimum of$100 plus $10/per mile for every mile between the renting location and the place where the vehicle was abandoned, plus additional recovery expenses we incur; (l) maximum amount permitted by law, if you pay us with the check backed by insufficient funds; and (m) reasonable fee for cleaning the vehicle if returned less clean than rented.
8. Deposit. You may use your deposit to pay any amounts owed to us, ONLY with our prior approval.
9. Your Property. You release us, our agents and our employees from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, which was left in the vehicle.
10. Breach of Agreement. The acts listed in paragraph 5(a), 5(b), 5(c) and 5(d), above, are breaches of this agreement. If you breach this agreement, you are liable for all damage to, or loss of the vehicle caused by your breach. Allowing a person who is not an authorized driver to drive a vehicle is a willful and reckless act and is a breach of this agreement. You waive all recourse against us for any criminal reports or prosecutions that we take against you that arise out of your breach of this agreement.
11. Modifications. No term of this agreement can be waived or modified except through a signed written document by us. If you wish to extend the rental period, you must return a vehicle to the office for inspection and written amendment by us of the due-in date.
12. Miscellaneous. No waiver by us of any breach of agreement constitutes a waiver of any additional breach or waiver of the performance of your obligations under this agreement. Our acceptance of payment from you or our failure, refusal or neglect to exercise our rights under this agreement does not constitute a waiver of any other provision of this agreement. Unless prohibited by law. You release us from any liability for consequential, special or punitive damages in connection with this rental contract or the reservation of the vehicle. If any provision of this agreement is deemed void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions are valid and enforceable.
You agree to be 100% responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle whether it's your fault or not.